This month’s meeting has something for most people whether it is people wanting to renovate on a budget through creative shopping, learning about baliff’s auctions (yep, not just in the USA) or for those wanting to get involved in commercial property but are not sure where to start you will hear about it this month, so come on down.
A quick note, before getting into the detail, this month’s meeting has been moved back a week (now 30th Oct) to allow people to attend the Steve McKnight function on the 23rd Oct.
The first speaker for the night will be Margaret Fort. Margaret is an active investor who has been investing in property for 8 years and is up to property No.12, she also runs her own short stay business. Margaret is always on the lookout for creative ways to reduce costs while increasing value. Some of Margaret’s efforts have recently been shown on Today Tonight whereby she dressed a 4 x 2 for $1,900. Tonight Margaret will be talking about:
– Creative shopping to dress a house
– What to consider when presenting a house for sale Creative shopping for building extensions and renovations. (Margaret is in the process of converting a transportable into 3 bedrooms and bathroom plus large enclosed area that will be kitchen / living, then she will be adding a pergola.)
– Bailiff auctions, the risks and opportunities
The second speaker is Damian Collins from Momentum Wealth. Damian owns a multi-million dollar property portfolio and as the Founder and Managing Director of Momentum Wealth, he applies his many years of experience to help investors accelerate their wealth creation through property investment. His own carefully developed system for selecting the best performing property investments is used to find clients the finest investment properties. Damian will be discussing commercial property.
Commercial property can seem like a safe and attractive purchase for small business owners and investors. For business owners, security of location, building value into the business and taking advantage of tax minimisation opportunities (such as SMSF investing), all come into play. For investors, the promise of higher cash flow returns and tenant-paid outgoings are enticing.
The problem for business owners and investors is that most published commercial property news and advice is focused on large, premium properties in Perth CBD (such as those owned by large institutions and superannuation funds) and is not relevant to the purchase of most business owners’ premises. These statistics do not offer SME’s and investors a realistic picture of the market as a whole and so many property buyers enter the transaction with incomplete, or incorrect, information. This knowledge gap can be very costly to business owners who may find themselves at best, disappointed with their return on investment and at worse, in financial ruin.
In this informative presentation you will learn:
– The Three Core methods to establish an accurate market value for a commercial property. Why only a small percentage of commercial properties make viable property investments, and how to identify them.
– Practical examples of value adding with commercial property.
– Can you afford it? Understanding the real costs and returns of your property purchase
– Commercial Property Market Update
– The Future of Commercial Property in Perth.
– What to look out for in your property lease as a tenant or as an owner
Come join us Wednesday 30th October 2013 at the South Perth Library, Cnr South Tce and Sandgate St, South Perth, 6:00pm registration for 6:30pm start, finishes around 9:00. There is a $20 per head entry charge or $30 per couple (payable online or at the door) includes a property investing magazine! Please feel fre